Sunday, November 1, 2015

Failing Up on a Rainy Sunday Afternoon


Like many teachers, I've used Teachers Pay Teachers for the past few years.  Several of my colleagues recommended I start posting some of my creations, but my first attempt can only be described as pathetically halfhearted.  In August of 2013 I signed up to be a seller and posted the Place Value Chart Signs I had designed for my own classroom.  It was my first product and it was listed for free.  In the past two years, it has been downloaded 367 times.  Woohoo! Sadly, my first paid product, Place Value Dance Party, was not quite so successful.  It was only downloaded once.  I guess I'm not the only one that peruses the free products before I pay for anything.

My son started high school this fall and is taking a Digital Design elective.  His excitement about this class reminded me why I majored in Advertising and Graphic Design twenty years ago.  So, I'm challenging myself to post one new product each week.  I'm already constantly creating new resources for my own students.  It just takes a little more effort to post them on TPT.

As a working mother of two teenage kids, it isn't like I have free time.  I could let the whopping $1.80 I've made on Teachers Pay Teachers in two years deter me from devoting any more time to this endeavor. However I'm jumping in with both feet!  I teach my children to embrace failure. Without failure we would never learn to push ourselves harder. We would never learn to accept our own shortcomings, so that we can grow, learn and become better.  You must take a risk to fail. Risk takers rule the world!


Click the title to download my free Place Value Chart Signs.






2 comments :

  1. I wanted to encourage you to not give up on TpT. I had very little activity until last Thanksgiving and this year have made enough to attack a few bills! Just keep learning, growing, and pushing forward. It is worth it to slowly plug away at it:).
    Blessings!
    Rebekah Sayler (My TpT Store)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bekki! I was just showing my husband my blog, and was so surprised to already have a comment. I really appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete