Tuesday, November 24, 2015

MakerSpace Inspiration

All of my students eagerly dive into any assignment that includes creating an object from our MakerSpace closet. When they have a clear objective, it is easy to decide on a path. I've noticed some students are a little overwhelmed when the closet is opened up during free time. They want to create something wonderful. They just aren't quite sure where to begin.

One afternoon I spent about thirty minutes researching interesting crafts for kids and creating a padlet full of ideas for my students. I tried to pick things my third graders would be able to create on their own with just a little help from me. My students know that I will try to help them find any supply they need, if they just ask. I usually wait until mid-year to share the this with students to see what they will come up with completely on their own. I thought other students might enjoy my MakerSpace padlet, too.

By the way, I adore padlet.com.  If you aren't already using it in your classroom, you should check it out. It is a great way to share several age-appropriate, on topic links with your students quickly. The best part is the padlet will still be in your account next year when you teach the same topic again!
Happy Making!


No comments :

Post a Comment